Not less than 400 million beings have been diseased with this harmful virus. Roughly, 12 million people have lost their life while they were fighting the disease. Innocent kids and adults, all have fallen prey to this disease. The upsetting detail is that AIDS is a permanent disease.
On top of that, HIV spread through body fluids spreads very fast. If at any point of time, you understand that the disease is due to HIV virus, then immediately take the patient to the doctor. It is true, that comprehensive cure is impossible but availing medication available, one can lead a normal life at best.
Semen, blood, breast milk and vaginal secretions are the fluids through which HIV spreads easily. HIV virus cannot spread through air, water or food. It spreads through the infected fluids to the healthy person. The way in which HIV may spread are:
- Sexual contact leads to transfers or exchange of body fluids. Saliva brings along the virus and transmits it from the infected person to the healthy person.
- Use of infected syringes and/or needles too inject drugs in one’s body
- Blood transfusion to patients from an infected person
- Expected mothers injected having HIV could pass the virus to the child at the time of delivery and breast feeding
- If common people have knowledge about HIV, the spread of HIV can be controlled to a large extend. The symptoms of HIV should be known to one and all.
Even if you have been found to be infected with HIV, yet not everything is lost. There are medicines that can make you live longer in a healthy manner.
HIV Aids Treatment
The average patient will antiretroviral drugs are available for curing people infected with HIV. More and more number of drugs is being made every day. Prognoses are not very effective when it comes to HIV treatment. Generally, HIV patients die after a span of 10-11 years. It is advisable to talk advice from doctors regarding preventive measures from HIV symptoms rather than suffering from it.